Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pumpkin Face Cookies

2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups shortening

Cream together.

4 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground cloves
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ginger
4 teaspoons baking soda

Mix all together. Mold into balls the size of a small egg. Press with bottom of glass to flatten.
Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes. Decorate with orange icing. Use candy corns for eyes and nose, raisins for the mouth, and a little bit of green frosting for the stem.

By the way, Liza, there's just no way to make these healthy... trust me, I've tried! :)

3 comments:

Kelli and Craig said...

Sounds delicious! Hey Kyle- I need your contact information, so I can come bug you sometime & we can see each others' kids. Y'know, show me yours, I'll show you mine. Also, you can show off your chiropractic skills on someone who needs it. Word! craighaggarton@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

We are cookie monsters at our house. This sounds like a great recipe.

Eliza said...

At least you gave it an effort! These are probably so good it's worth all the...shall we say... less than desirable ingredients. I miss you around here! There's no one left to try out my weird food on.