Okay, Jenifer... I'm going to suck it up and finally do this. I am taking the time because after begin up with our children at the sleepover until 1:30am, I am too tired to do anything else. :)
1. Wrapping Paper of Gift Bag? Wrap it! Way more fun to open something that's been wrapped.
2. Real tree or artificial? I love real trees, but they are expensive and they make me sneeze.
3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving, of course!
4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as possible.
5. Do you like eggnog? I'm sort of impartial. Not a big milk drinker so, I might drink it if it's there, I might not.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have a terrible memory so I have a hard time remembering anything I received as a child. But, I do remember getting a barbie jeep and horse trailer one year I loved that toy!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Kyle. What do you buy for the person you love the most when you have no money?
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids would be happy to unwrap an empty box and then turn it into a barbie house or a sled for the cat or something. Or... Alli would sit and shred the paper to microscopic bits, Claire would use the ribbon to tie impossible knots around things and create a pirate ship or a cowboy fort in our front room, Derek would use the tissue to throw into the air to make an airplane, and Jack would try to eat it all! They are all very easy to please!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Several, but our favorite is the mini porcelain scene that I bought when I worked for Deseret Book years ago. As a matter of fact, I had no place safe to put it out this year and so Kyle wanted it on his dresser where he could enjoy it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? E-MAIL!!! We posted our family picture on our blog, so that will probably have to do for this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I really can't think of anything awful. I'm pretty much just happy to get anything at all. If I don't like it, I probably would just donate it to DI.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It used to be a tie between Holiday Inn and White Christmas until we saw Elf... now we watch it year round! I love that movie!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I like to start early. We have several fall birthdays, so I just start picking stuff up as I shop for birthdays.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candy Cane flavored Hershey Kisses and Mint M&M's
16. Colored or clear lights? Why not both?
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night... Amazing story about the origin of the song. You should read it sometime!
18. Travel or stay at home? I love to travel... but with four little kids, we stay home!
19. Can you name all Santa's reindeer? If you can't, I will tutor you!
20. Angel or Star? Star, the one on top of our tree is from our very first year we were married and it has one light that won't work anymore. We don't care though, because it's a cool star.
21. Open presents on Christmas eve or the morning? Christmas Day!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time..." ties with "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away..." They play them way too much on the radio and they're not even a good songs! By the way, I'm really starting to dislike the Christmas Shoes song as well... sorry.
23. Favorite ornament or theme color? We have a set of clear plastic ornaments with gold accents that are all different Christmas shapes... an angel, a train, Santa, a reindeer, a star, candles, icicles, snowflakes... they are so pretty and safe for my kids to play with. They always fight over who gets to hang each one on the tree every year.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Christmas Day... Honey Baked Ham, baby! We also make homemade tamales and Mexican food on Christmas Eve. Wow!
25. What do I want for Christmas this year? A couple hours of sleep
26. White or Warm Christmas? Definitely white... but I would love it to be warm again as soon as Christmas is over.
27. Favorite thing about Christmas? Children... it's magic!
28. Favorite Christmas tradition? Going to the temple on Christmas Eve to see the lights and Carol and Ted's Christmas morning breakfast bonanza... amazing!
29. Favorite Christmas location? With my family
30. Who do you tag??? Sherry, Michelle, Mater