Monday, November 3, 2008

California Trip Part 1 - Sea World


Notice Jack and the seal have coordinated their movements just for this shot!

Lesson learned... never let a three year old pick her own souvenir. We are still finding blue, sticky goo on things.

Here we are at the Shamu show. Alli couldn't get enough of the whales. We actually had to go back to the same show the next day!


Derek and Claire had a good time riding all the rides. Unfortunately, they both got completely soaked on the Atlantis ride. I volunteered to stay with the baby and Allison on that one. :)


Here's Paul and Deb! Debbie is my sister who lives up near L.A. They drove down with their daughter, Katie, who is Claire's special cousin, to spend the day with us at Sea World. We really appreciated having the extra sets of hands to help!

Everyone thought the eels were totally creepy.

Derek was very grumpy by the end of the first day. He did not want to leave!


Kyle and Claire near the flamingos who were fun to look at, but only if you could stand the smell. Must have been the day before cleaning day at the flamingo exhibit.

The kids also loved the dolphins. Watching this show brought back all my childhood memories of going to Sea World and wanting to be a dolphin trainer when I grew up. I guess kids are alot like dolphins. I have to teach them how to swim.


Once again, Allison loved the whales. These are the beluga whales. Very cool.

Katie and Claire in the kids polar cave.


The Shamu show... again...


Kyle took more pictures of ducks than any other animal at Sea World. He also kept pretending to shoot them, which I think mgiht be frowned upon at Sea World.

Here's Claire and Derek petting the sting rays. Alli would not go near them, but still thought they were neat.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Yeah for pictures!!! I HATE eels! They are so gross! All of my kids want (have wanted) to be Dolphin Trainers too! I guess that's what happens when you go to Sea World. On to Part 2 :-)

Laura said...

Kids are like dolphins?!? No wonder I'm having so much trouble! :-)

Tiffany said...

It looks like you guys are having tons of fun!!! I can't wait until our kids are just a tad older and we'll finally brave a great trip like yours! Thanks for sharing all of the pictures!

Unknown said...

Sounds a lot like my trip to Sea World this summer with Jeff's sisters son. I had to laugh though about your hubby "shooting" the ducks. Sea World San Antonio was not impressed when Jeff was doing this either (complete with sound effects)